Here are a few ideas that will help you maximize your home’s attractiveness to buyers:
• Ideally, you should be absent so buyers feel comfortable making comments.
• Make sure your home highlight sheets are easily visible.
• Open all drapes and shades during daylight hours to let in as much light as possible, but screen out unappealing views.
• Light the whole house, especially dark corners and hallways.
• Light (or turn on) the fireplace.
• Showcase your home’s best features.
• Turn off the television. Play quiet background music.
• If you’ve repainted in neutral tones, add bold splashes of color (with throw pillows, crockery, pictures, etc.)
• Place fresh flowers where they’ll stand out
• Open all doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling.
• If possible, open windows beforehand to circulate fresh air.
• Pick up toys, remove all clutter, ensure beds are made,
clothes put away.
• Floors should be clean, carpets and rugs vacuumed.
• Trash and recycling bins should be tidy and odor-free.
• The kitchen & bathrooms should sparkle.
• If possible, bake cookies or put a pan of cinnamon in the oven to create a warm and inviting aroma.
• Ideally, pets should be unseen. Pet areas should be clean and odor-free. Not everyone may share your love of animals, and some may be allergic to them.
• Lock away and hide all cash, jewelry and small valuables.
You must be logged in to post a comment.