Highlights from NAR Twitter chat on 2011 Home Buyer/Seller Demographics March 6, 2012
- 1 in 7 home buyers aged 25 to 44 bought a home because of a job related relocation or move.
- Top 3 reasons repeat buyers bought homes: desire for a larger home, job-related relocation, desire to be closer to family/friends.
- The number 1 reason first-time home buyers bought a home is for the desire to own a home of their own-60%
- Among most recent home buyers, the 2011 report shows the highest share of married couples since 2001 at 64%
- The share of single female & single male home buyers dropped in 2011. Single females account for 18% of buyers & single males 10%.
- The typical age was 31 among first-time home buyers and 53 among repeat buyers in the most recent report.
- The typical household income was $62,400 among first-time home buyers and $96,600 among repeat buyers in the most recent report.